Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Cooking and baking and tasting - oh my

I'm right into my baking at the moment. LOVING it. Loving it so much, in fact, that I'm having supply and demand issues. Not enough demand. Everyone is away on holidays at the moment, so I haven't really had anyone to give it to. I've mostly tried to eat it all myself, but my mothers group has also copped a fair load of it. As has Court.

Many of the recipes I use are from food blogs that I follow. It's really nifty to have a bit of a background to the recipe and a review of how it all went. Ooh, plus 'along the way' photos! I like to know that my mix is looking right.

I made a fabulous cheesecake a couple of days ago. It was super duper. Just the bee's knees. I've been wanting to bake macarons for a very long time. I have the recipe printed off and sitting next to me. But I know they're fairly tough to get right and I'm scared. I've never been so apprehensive about a baked good in all my life! Eventually I'll get around to making them (probably when I have a babysitter) and if they work I will be the happiest girl in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment