Saturday, January 23, 2010

Mornings.

I love mornings SO much. Morning is definitely my favourite time of day. All my friends are night owls and they call me a nanna when I go to bed hours before they do.

I don't mind. I love waking early, when the day is fresh and cool. Everything is quiet.

This morning I drove to the Subi farmers' market. I fell in love with it last Saturday and decided that I'd have to make the drive again this week. I filled my bag with fruit, veg, a vegetarian quiche for dinner and almond croissants for breakfast. Then I bought a coffee for the drive home.

I wanted to stay and sit under the tree to drink my coffee and eat my croissant, but I was by myself and I would have preferred the company of a friend.

These feelings prompted a long daydream of living in Subiaco with all my friends and family living nearby, and we'd meet each week at the markets to sit under the tree and drink coffee, eat breakfast calzones or croissants and discuss the week that had just been.

I was thinking about that for the whole drive home, whilst I was sipping my (really well made) coffee and singing along with Panic At The Disco.

Now I'm sitting in the backyard, enjoying the morning sounds, sneaking peeks at my cat snoozing in the garden bed and writing this blog.

Mornings are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment