Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Shopping.

My sister has come to stay. She lives a three hour drive away and she's made the trek to visit us for a few days. Nice.

I always love it when she stays with us, although it does make me want to take the week off work and lounge in my pajamas watching John Hughes films with her. The best I can do is rush home at 4 o'clock.

Yesterday afternoon we went shopping in town. I hadn't been in there for a while so we spent a fair bit of time exploring new shops. Neither of us had been into Tiffany & Co, even though it's been there for a year or so. That place is lovely. I love purchasing things, but I also really enjoy looking at pretty things and dreaming that I can take one of everything home, "just put it on my credit card".

I was super happy to find that Mimco has opened a city store. I could live in there. Actually, if I had a dressing room I would like it to be a cross between Mimco and Wheels and Dollbaby. Ooh, and also with a massive wall of shoes! I would while away the hours dressing up in my finery and probably never leave the house.

It was one of those shopping trips where I saw absolutely every material thing I could ever want in my life. It was also one of those days where I had absolutely no money to spend on beautiful things. I have bittersweet feelings! Maybe I should take a notebook next time and write down everything I see? I ended up with a dress from Cue that was on sale. Kate bought it for me and I'll pay her back later.

Kate made dinner when we got home. She's a super lovely sister to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment