Thursday, December 24, 2009

The best way to spread Christmas cheer, is singing loud for all to hear.

I love Christmas. I like the presents side of things, but mostly I like being with family and friends, consuming beautifully prepared food and drink.

This year I've found it difficult to get my Christmas cheer happening. I flew back to Perth a week ago and I've mostly been busy getting used to being back home.

Aside from that, I'm dead keen to cover our house in paper chains and other homemade decorations. My sister suggested a Bare Christmas next year. Homemade everything. Gifts, decorations, food. I love the idea, but it will have to wait for the year after because.....

next year we're spending Christmas in Nu Yawk. Look - I punked up the name, made it a little more edgy, more rock n roll.

I'm really looking forward to it, even though it's a year away and we have some fairly stern saving to do. There are so many things I want to do there and a lot of them involve food. I can see myself getting pudgy. But then again, maybe not. Court has picked up a book that is filled with different walks you can do around NY. Will it be too cold to walk around outside? It'll be a type of cold we N-E-V-E-R get in Perth.

Anyway, I've been dreaming about NY and all the things we can do, how long we can afford to stay there, if we could hire a car and drive up to Boston for a few days... I feel a little bit like the country kid visiting the Big Smoke for the first time. I suppose it's like that, because Perth isn't exactly known for its skyscrapers and nightlife. Perth is a good place to get a good night's sleep.

I will ooze Australian tourist fo' sho.

Do you know what else I love about Christmas? Christmas films. My favourite is Elf.

No comments:

Post a Comment