Thursday, December 31, 2009

See how I go...

I've been thinking about resolutions. Usually I don't bother, because I'm not committed to making whatever change I think I need. This year is different. I'm not content to just exist. I want to make conscious choices. My sister and I watched 'It's A Wonderful Life' last night, which could be why I'm thinking about this.

I'll be 28 next year. That's a pretty grown-up age. I feel like I should be more responsible, start doing things to help others. Stop being selfish.

The last few months I've lost a bit of weight. This has made me proud that I achieved something and hopeful that I can do the same in other aspects of my life. I have a little more weight to lose, so that is one of my resolutions for twentyten.

Another one is to get fit. I would love to run the half marathon in the City to Surf in August. That's 21kms. Currently I can run about 4kms. I have a fair bit of work to do with this one and I've been thinking I should just be aiming to run the 12km fun run, but I want to aim higher. I refuse to be disappointed with any improvement over 4kms. 21kms would just be the icing on the cake....the running cake...

As I've already mentioned, we're going to NY for Christmas. I want to save as much money as I can for this. I've been saving since the end of June 09, trying not to spend money on anything unnecessary and making sure I put some money away each week. It's really hard to save and still pay bills! I want to be a super saver. I'll find joy in things that don't cost money, like good health, gardening and spending time with loved ones.

Those are a few of my resolutions. I have some other more personal ones, but I think it can all be summed up as being a better person to myself and to everyone around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment