Saturday, September 18, 2010

It's been a busy few days.

I went to Yalls last weekend for my sister's 25th. It was lovely to have a little weekend away from the city with her and my parents.

The week always seems to zoom by; on Monday morning I have no plans and by the evening the week is fully booked.

Court had his album launch last night. I can't even put into words how proud I am of him and the other boys and how proud I hope they are of themselves. They've all worked so hard and last night it really showed. Everything sounded brilliant and the stage looked super. I wish life was like a film and I could say "all their hard work paid off" because a record company executive was there and he signed the boys immediately and then threw handfuls of cash at them. But if success isn't defined in a monetary sense, then judging by the enjoyment of the crowd, the way they hung around for a drink afterwards and the happy energy in the room - I'd say all their hard work did pay off.

And so, I bought a notebook two weeks ago to start my pregnancy journal in....It's still sitting on the kitchen bench, devoid of any ink. My pregnancy yoga DVD is still sitting in the study, where I freed it from its postage envelope. And I'm still sitting here, hoping I have enough cash to take my very talented husband out for brunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment